People who work in sound need high quality studio monitors to get the work done. Be it audio mixing for a home project, home recording or for a movie, a good studio monitor is the need of the hour. But there’s different kinds of studio monitors available in the market. It’s difficult to know which one is best suited for the job. To help you out here’s a list. But first, it’s important to know the basics.
Check out this list below for a quick overview of the best Studio Monitor speakers available online in the Indian market. All these studio speakers have been tested for quality, and are the best selling models.
- Best Overall: PreSonus Eris 4.5 High-Definition 2-Way 4.5″
- Studio monitor from Yamaha : Yamaha HS8 Studio Monitor
- Best studio monitor under 10000 rupees: Alesis Elevate 4 |Pair 50 W
- Best Studio Monitor under 15000 rupees: M-Audio BX8 D3
- Studio Monitor under 20000 rupees from JBL: JBL Professional 308PMKII
- Best studio monitor under 30000 rupees: KRK RP5G3-NA Rokit 5
- Best studio monitor speaker from Kali: Kali Audio LP-6 Studio Monitor
- Our best Budget Pick: Mackie CR4 (Pair) Creative Reference Multimedia Monitor
What are Studio Monitor Speakers?
When working on the sound creation, mixing and other applications. It is quite possible that our ears can get damaged due to the prolonged exposure. But there is a way to prevent this and that’s by using studio speakers for recording, mixing and more. Studio monitor speakers are the necessary counterpart to the speakers. Know that these are different from normal speakers. Normal speakers and studio speakers differ in three major ways. First of all, studio speakers are used for knowing just how exactly the audio sounds like. Moreover, the regular speakers aren’t able to detect low or high frequencies but studio speakers can. Lastly, the difference lies in construction. Studio headphones offer durability and more. If you are looking for features you need to focus on while buying studio speakers in India then focus on these.
Now, it’s time to figure out the best studio monitor speakers for different budgets and brands:
Best Overall: PreSonus Eris 4.5 High-Definition 2-Way 4.5″
If you have been forever relying on your low quality computer speakers for playing music then there will come a time when you will yearn for better and clear sound quality. That is what PreSonus’s Eris 4.5 will give you.
This is a professional studio monitor that comes with Kevlar low frequency transducers, responsive class AB application, low mass silk dome tweeters and more.
This great studio monitor also gives you the ability to control the acoustics and comes with RF shielding as well as subsonic and temperature protection.
The Eric 4.5 also has controls that stimulate various listening environments. This studio monitor is also great for mixers since it comes with the feature to fatten frequency response so as to allow for more accurate mixing. The small size of Eris 4.5 also enables it to fit in small spaces easily.
- It comes with a 4.5-inch Kevlar low-frequency transducer
- 1-inch (25 mm), silk-dome,ultra-low-mass, high-frequency transducer
- Internal bracing for resonance suppression.
- It has 50 Watt, Class D amplification
- Comes with temperature, RF interference and subsonic protection.
- High pass, midrange, high frequency, acoustic space setting for better contour mixing.
- Its small size is great for little studios.
View Customer Reviews of this Presonus Eris 3.5 Speaker
Price: INR 18,500/- (Click the button below to check latest price and discounts on Amazon)
Best Studio monitor from Yamaha : Yamaha HS8 Studio Monitor
If you are looking for something which will help you in making the kind of sound quality found in Hollywood movie studios then Yamaha HS8 is what you need. This Yamaha studio monitor provides great sound quality along with no sound distortion. This studio monitor will ensure that you are able to make high quality recordings that are on par on highly professional music and sound.
The sound system makes use of tweeter frames to minimize the losses and let the listener hear high frequency details in great accuracy. Yamaha HS8 comes with scientifically ported enclosures and newly designed bi amplified drivers that help deliver low coloration and amazing accuracy. This will ensure that your mix is top notch. Along with this, the high performance studio monitor also comes with an advanced magnetic circuit design so as to give optimum response. It is a great studio monitor for home recording.
The drivers used in this monitor deliver great audio quality which can be enhanced by using a superior mounting system. Yamaha HS8 comes with a mounting ring and scientifically and carefully arranged screws. It helps in eliminating unnecessary resonance and vibration. This also prevents coloration and distortion.
- It comes with a new mounting system and superior quality drivers.
- Has a frequency response of 38Hz to 30kHz.
- It comes with a 8″ cone woofer and a 1″ dome tweeter.
- 45-watt HP and 75-watt LF bi-amplification.
- It is designed to kill off unnecessary resonance that can destroy sound.
- High trim and room response controls that will give you the best response.
- Special power amps which match up perfectly to the tweeter and woofer.
View Customer Reviews of this Yamaha HS8 Studio Monitor
Price: INR 21,470/- (Click the button below to check latest price and discounts on Amazon)
Best studio monitor under 10000 rupees: Alesis Elevate 4 |Pair of 50 W
If you are looking for a studio monitor within budget that will give you all the functions of a high end one then the Alesis Elevate 4 is the one for you. These speakers are able to deliver a wide and full range of sound with warmth and clarity. These speakers are perfect for video editing, using mobile devices, home studios and more.
The Alesis Elevate 4 is able to produce clear sound because it makes use of dense wood cabinets which suppress the clarity impeding resonances. This also ensures that you get a stronger bass along with clear sound. Elevate 4 makes use of 4 inch woofers and one inch, silk dome tweeters which produces clean highs and lows. These features aren’t easily available in other conventional speakers simply because they use plastic cabinets.
You can pair this up with some great studio monitor under 10000 rupees. Some examples of the headphones you can go for are- Sony MDR-XB950B1, JBL LIVE 650BTNC and JAYS q-Seven Wireless. This will complete the set and help you work better
- It comes with separate low and high frequency drivers.
- It has a per channel output power of 25 W, so the total comes to 50 W.
- 4 inch driver in ported enclosure delivers tight bass.
- Silk dome 1 inch tweeter gives clear and smooth highs.
- Wood cabinets made out of high density wood suppress any unwanted resonances.
- It makes use of sub-woofers which are compatible with any virtually powered sub-woofers.
View Customer Reviews of this Alesis Elevate 4 Speaker
Price: INR 9,500/- (Click the button below to check latest price and discounts on Amazon)
Best Studio Monitor under 15000 rupees: M-Audio BX8 D3
Using low quality speakers to do your mixing is like doing the work after putting cotton balls in your ears. There is no need to put yourself through this torture when you can get M-Audio BX8 D3 under 15000 rupees. This studio monitor comes with a 1.25″ silk dome and a 8″ military-grade Kevlar woofer which will give you the kind of sound detail and clarity that you want for mixing.
The M-Audio BX8 D3 comes with a customer waveguide that ensures that there is a very accurate dispersion for a very tight soundstage. This feature essentially eliminates high frequency scatter. It comes with an optimized rear mounted port that produces low end response along with bass extension till 37Hz.
The speaker comes with Acoustic Space Control that will let you adapt it according to the space available in your room. This ensures that you will get accurate sound in that space. Moreover, the studio monitor has a bi-amplified design which means that its sound is both precise and powerful. When it comes to positioning it, there is no need to worry as a front LES panel shines brightly when the BX8 D3 is put right at the perfect monitor angle.
- High power of 150W for heavy uses
- It comes with a 1.25″ silk dome tweeter and a 8″ military-grade Kevlar low-frequency driver.
- Has a bi-amplified design which is able to deliver a sound that is precise and powerful.
- Custom waveguide allows for accurate dispersion in a tight space.
- Its rear mounted port creates low end response with a bass extension up to 37Hz.
- Perfect volume control for perfect playback levels.
- Amazing studio monitor for gaming.
View Customer Reviews of this BX8 Studio Monitor
Price: INR 14,599/- (Click the button below to check latest price and discounts on Amazon)
Best Studio Monitor under 20000 rupees from JBL: JBL Professional 308PMKII
If you have a good budget of around ₹20,000 then you can get JBL Professional 308PMKII which is one of the best professional studio monitors to get your mixing done. The Professional 308PMKII is a very compact and powerful studio monitor that offers professional quality of sound and image.
It comes with an image controlling wavelength that is able to go into incredible imagining and detail. The MKII line of studio monitors now comes with updated low frequency and high frequency transducers. These work to provide a great optimized damping so that there is superior response and a better linearity.
All these come together to allow for deep bass but with a lower harmonic distortion. The new series also comes with new boundary equalization. It helps in restoring neutral response if speakers are placed right against a surface or adjacent walls.
This is by far the best studio monitor under 20000 rupees you can add to your list. You can also add a studio monitor headphones to your purchase to complement this speaker such as- Sennheiser PXC 550 Bluetooth Headset with Mic or Bose SoundLink Wireless Around-Ear Headphones with Mic and Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus Headphones with Accessory Kit.
- It comes with a flexible connectivity as well as balanced 1/4 -inch trs and XLR inputs.
- It has a +4DBU/-10dbv input-sensitivity along with volume controls.
- Its broad range neutral frequency response allows for fine tuning the mix even when listening off the axis.
- It comes with a new and updated design that allows for optimized damping which results in lower harmonic distortion.
- It restores the neutral low frequency response when the speakers are put on any work surface adjacent to the walls.
View Customer Reviews of this JBL Studio Monitor
Price: INR 18,585/- (Click the button below to check latest price and discounts on Amazon)
Best studio monitor under 30000 rupees: KRK RP5G3-NA Rokit 5
If the need of the hour is a great studio monitor which can handle heavy professional work then the KRK RP5G3-NA Rokit 5 will be perfect for you. This studio monitor is powerful and accurate. It will make it easier for you to record, mix, master and playback with ease. The Rokit 5 is also very easy to integrate into other kinds of system configurations.
The studio monitor speaker comes with a 5″ glass-Aramid composite woofer as well as a 1″ soft dome tweeter. This machine is able to deliver up to 35kHz frequencies as well as ensure that you get extended bass response along with voice clarity. Along with this, the class A/B amplifiers allow the SPL to go for up to 106dB. Rokit 5 is designed to make sure that detailed imaging can be done even in the listening position.
The front firing bass port lessens the boundary coupling and in turn allows for flexible positioning right in the room. The engineered surface also helps and reduces the diffraction distortion. It is one of the most used, compact and valuable studio monitors. These stduio monitor speakers for recording studios are accurate and perfect.
- Comes with a 5″ glass-Aramid composite woofer.
- Has a 1″ soft dome tweeter.
- Allows detailed imagining in listening position.
- Reduces the diffraction distortion.
- Features a compact design.
- It has class A/B amplifiers which give the SPL for up to 106dB.
- Comes with high frequency adjustment to allow for customization.
View Customer Reviews of this KRK RP5G3 Studio Monitor
Price: INR 29,999/- (Click the button below to check latest price and discounts on Amazon)
Studio monitor speaker from Kali: Kali Audio LP-6 Studio Monitor
Want something which is very unique and will work amazingly so that you can get your sound mix done? Then Kali Audio LP-6 Studio Monitor is just the right thing for you. This single unit speaker is 6.5 inches in size and its dimensions are 26 x 22.2 x 36.2 cm. It is also very easy to use. The Kali Audio LP-6 is just the right studio monitor if you are looking for something mid range.
It comes with an bi-amped design as well as an integrated Class D power amp. There’s almost no distortion and it’s even a whole 6dB lower than its very nearest competitor. The voice coils and large magnets are able to produce low end response as well as an amazing low frequency extension.
Also the waveguide design used in it helps in creating a huge soundstage with great imaging. You will find that the low noise tube lets out clean bass with no chuffing. Along with this you will also be able to find that it’s very easy to tune this according to the environment you are in.
You can add this best studio monitor from Kali to your list so that you can complete the set within budget and get working.
- Features a bi-amped design.
- Integrated Class D power amp for high performance
- It produces no distortion.
- It’s voice coils and large magnets allow for low frequency extension. It has almost no distortion.
- Its wave-guide design helps in spot on imaging. Its low noise tube allows for clean bass.
- It’s easy to fine tune according to the ambience.
View Customer Reviews of this Kali Studio Monitor
Price: INR 16,450/- (Click the button below to check latest price and discounts on Amazon)
Best Budget Pick: Mackie CR4 (Pair) Creative Reference Multimedia Monitor
Everyone wants a studio monitor which will give them the quality they need but without breaking their bank. If that’s your ideal goal as well then the Mackie CR4 (Pair) Creative Reference Multimedia Monitor is just the thing for you. You can use it for everything ranging from multimedia creation to AV post production and broadcast.
This studio monitor provides the ideal performance in terms of sound design and quality. You will be able to use it to create professional grade media and entertainment content. This studio monitor provides 50 watts of clean and articulate stereo sound.
It is also portable and compact but it comes with a powerful passive speaker as well as one Class-AB powered speaker. The monitors make use of 4″ polypropylene-coated woofers and 0.75″ silk dome tweeters. This allows for a frequency response of 60 Hz to 20 kHz along with a maximum SPL of 100 dB.
The speaker functions as both the right or left speaker on the flick of a switch. You will be able to connect your smartphone by using the 3.5mm stereo input. There are isolation pads as well which help in reducing the overall transmission of the structural vibrations.
- It has 4″ polypropylene-coated woofers.
- 0.75″ silk dome tweeters.
- Frequency response of 60 Hz to 20 kHz.
- A maximum SPL of 100 dB.
- It has a 3.5mm stereo input to connect your smartphone.
- It has isolation pads for reducing structural sound transmission.
View Customer Reviews of this Mackie CR4 Studio Monitor
Price: INR 12,399/- (Click the button below to check latest price and discounts on Amazon)
This list is the most comprehensive list on the best studio monitor speakers. Whatever you need you will find here. If you prefer a specific brand or are looking for the best within a budget, this list will help you.
There’s also suggestions for studio monitor headphones so as to help you create a complete studio setup. But the headphones which are great for audio mixing and such might not work that well for gaming. It’s advisable that you look specifically for studio monitors for gaming. But otherwise these pairings go together very well.